Only Captain Kirk Knows How I Feel

Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Restful Saturday Morning

Yay! I found something new to be pissed off about! Lucky me!

So this is what happened: Since it's the weekend, I thought I would get to sleep in late yesterday. Not too late, of course, because of the kid, but later than normal. Heck, if I'm lucky (of I remember to drug the kid with Benadryl before she goes to bed) I can usually sleep until about 9:00, so I thought I could accomplish at least that much. How stupid of me! Because my next-door neighbor apparently decided that it would be a great day to have a work crew come put new cement in his freaking driveway...at 7:30 in the fucking morning. Yes, that's right...7:30.

Needless to say, I was not pleased. I had the window in the bedroom open to catch the cool nighttime breezes, so as soon as a giant truck pulled up in front of my house and a bunch of men jumped out and started throwing tons of bricks and a bunch of metal onto the ground and yelling at each other in Spanish, I got woken up. I called the cops, but there apparently no law against doing construction at 7:30 in the morning in a residential neighborhood, or so I was told. So I just got to be miserable, until 9:00, when it was time to start getting ready for my daughter's ballet class.

Well, when it was time to leave, with only 20 minutes to drive across town and get to the class, we stepped outside...to find a cement mixing truck blocking our driveway. So the workmen had to move it. And when we came home, two hours later, it was to find another big truck, this one full of bricks, again blocking the driveway. This time, there were no workmen in sight, but the neighbor was out there, so I rolled down my window and asked her--nicely!--to please have the workers move the truck. And she told me no! That's right, she said no, that I could park in the street and the workers would be gone in a while! Can you believe the nerve of that bitch? First, I get woken up, my precious sleep disturbed by their noise, and then I can't even park in my own fucking driveway! So, yes, I was very pissed at that point. So I went inside to call the cops again, but my husband decided to go talk to them himself and got them to move the truck.

So I didn't get to have my neighbor arrested, unfortunately. But, as a result of this little issue, I am probably going to go outside tomorrow and find a potato in my tail pipe, or something like that. After all, how dare I disturb their cement pouring! But that's okay, because I have a plan. If those neighbors do anything to my stuff, I will go get the turtle that they keep in their back yard (which also makes a great deal of noise, a very strange noise, sort of like a tuba with a cold) and make it into a turtle soup and give it to them as a gift. Because you don't mess with my sleep.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I would have beat the crap out of her when she told me "No"...